Re: leasqr requires optional arguments

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: leasqr requires optional arguments
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 13:24:12 +0200

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 12:50:17PM +0200, oxy wrote:
> >This was a silly bug one or two releases ago, which should not be
> >present in the current release of optim.
>
> i removed/reinstalled octave-optim over apt-get. Problem persists.

I'd expect it persists, since the package version obtained this way
will probably be unchanged over the lifetime of the current major
version of your OS.

> Can u post the leasqr.m file here for us?

There is a dedicated web-site which makes such posts unnecessary. You
should download the current optim package from Octave Forge. If you
prefer not to install it, you can extract leasqr.m from it. But then
you have to consider that leasqr.m relies on subfunctions in the
private subdirectory. Octave has an own dedicated system to install
packages (help pkg).

Olaf