Re: [newbie] advice for using LaTeX-code in Octave graphs

From: Jose
Subject: Re: [newbie] advice for using LaTeX-code in Octave graphs
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 14:12:12 +0300

On 10/09/2013 01:15 PM, Jean Dubois wrote:
Can someone here tell me what the preferred method is for using
LaTeX-code in combination with Octave-plots.
I currently use "print -deps ..." to generate eps-files from my plots
and then I use psfrag in LaTeX to substitute simple labels and legends
by more complicated LaTeX-formulas. This method works but it often
happens that the placement and size of the final formulas is not optimal.

I was doing the same for a while, until I discovered matlab2tikz and decided to learn the basics of PGP/TikZ.

Now what I do:

- I first plot the figure in octave using latex syntax for the texts (labels, titles, whatever). - Then I use matlab2tikz (https://github.com/nschloe/matlab2tikz) to convert the plot to tikz. - Then I can do all sort of manual modifications, including adjusting the text position, transparencies, etc.

Good luck.
J.