[newbie] advice for using LaTeX-code in Octave graphs

From: Jean Dubois
Subject: [newbie] advice for using LaTeX-code in Octave graphs
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 12:15:46 +0200

Can someone here tell me what the preferred method is for using LaTeX-code in combination with Octave-plots.
I currently use "print -deps ..." to generate eps-files from my plots and then I use psfrag in LaTeX to substitute simple labels and legends by more complicated LaTeX-formulas. This method works but it often happens that the placement and size of the final formulas is not optimal.

thanks in advance,
jean