problem with curl installation

From: Miran Stojnić
Subject: problem with curl installation
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 07:21:35 +0000

Dear Mr./Mrs.,

I have a problem with installation of curl-7.31.0.tar.gz file. I use Windows. I need it for running a Matlab program that calls (with urlread) certain web page to download atmospheric soundings.

After typing pkg install curl-7.31.0 it gives error: package is missing file DESCRIPTION

After typing pkg install curl-7.31.0 –verbose I can see that it is making a new temp folder in MY user directory. Why does it do that? Why doesn't create it in Octave folder? Is this the reason why it can't find that DESCRIPTION file?

Thank You very much in advance. As You can see, I'm very new in Octave, so I would really appreciate Your help.

Have a nice day.

Miran Stojnić

Regional weather forecaster

Croatia Control Ltd.

PRAVNE NAPOMENE: Sadržaj ove elektroničke poruke i eventualno priloženih datoteka povjerljiv je i namijenjen isključivo osobama ili subjektima na koje je poruka naslovljena. Bilo kakvo kopiranje, distribucija, modificiranje ili otkrivanje sadržaja poruke strogo su zabranjeni. Ukoliko nije namijenjena vama i/ili niste ovlašteni primatelj, molimo obavijestite pošiljatelja, a poruku i sve njezine priloge odmah i bez čitanja trajno uklonite iz računalnog sustava. Iako su poduzete sve moguće mjere kako bi se osiguralo slanje ove poruke bez virusa, njihov primitak ne može se isključiti. Hrvatska kontrola zračne plovidbe d.o.o. ne prihvaća nikakvu odgovornost za eventualnu štetu nastalu primitkom i/ili korištenjem ove poruke i/ili njezinih priloga. Sadržaj, stavovi i mišljenja izneseni u poruci isključivo se odnose na pošiljatelja i ne predstavljaju nužno stavove Hrvatske kontrole zračne plovidbe d.o.o.

DISCLAIMER: The contents of this e-mail message, as well as any file attached to it, are confidential and intended solely for individuals or entities they are addressed to. Any copying, distribution, modification or disclosure of information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you are not an intended and/or authorised recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately, and remove the message and all attached files from your system permanently without reading. Although we have taken reasonable steps to ensure that this e-mail message and its attachments are free from any virus, we cannot exclude their receipt. Croatia Control Ltd. accepts no liability for any potential damage caused by the receipt and/or usage of this message and/or files attached to it. The contents, views and opinions expressed in it are solely those of the sender and do not necessarily represent the views of Croatia Control Ltd.