Re: plotting problem

From: Chris Daamen
Subject: Re: plotting problem
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 20:35:00 +0200

Op 16 jul. 2013, om 20:11 heeft chp380 het volgende geschreven:

> Hi everyone,
> I'm using Octave version 3.4.0 running on OSX Mountain lion, and I have
> installed X-Code 4.6.1, AquaTerm 1.1.0, X11 2.7.2 and Gnuplot too. But
> nothing still happens when I'm trying to plot a graph. Just AquaTerm Opens
> and nothing else happens.
> please someone help me with this.
> thanks.

I found out recently that you can do either of two things:
Or you have the 3.4.0 OSX binary, you dragged installed the Gnuplot.app in your
applications folder and you changed something inside Gnuplot (see this:
http://wiki.octave.org/Installing_Mac_OS_X_Bundle). No need to install anything
further.

Or you have compiled Aquaterm yourself (which I suspect you did, as you have
1.1.0), which will only work with Octave if you also compiled Gnuplot yourself,
*and* delete the Gnuplot.app (that came with the Octave OSX bundle)  from your
Applications folder.