Re: Octave Online Interface

From: c.
Subject: Re: Octave Online Interface
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 16:27:04 +0200

On 4 Jul 2013, at 15:36, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 3 July 2013 11:43, Shane Carr <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Yes, I am planning to open-source the interface.
>
> Good to hear. I prefer to call that "freeing the interface". Thanks
> for freeing it!

Good to hear indeed!

On 3 Jul 2013, at 17:43, Shane Carr <address@hidden> wrote:

>  Methinks it is best, though, if I first let the site
> mature out of beta.

Methinks code becomes easily rotten before it is ever considered "mature" ...

I can count dozens of web interfaces to Octave that have been born and died
before anyone ever started really using them.

And there are quite a few of them out there right now, including, e.g.

http://ideone.com/
or
https://nclab.com/

that work well enough.

Maybe a free one would be able to raise enough interest among Octave developers
and
gain enough momentum to eventually move out of beta stage ...

Just my two cents,
c.