Re: instrument control vxi11 in cygwin

From: Ronald
Subject: Re: instrument control vxi11 in cygwin
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 23:16:22 -0700 (PDT)

Installing 'rpcgen' and reinstalling instrument-control seemed to do the trick.
I also needed to do a 'rebaseall' because plotting suddenly gave errors. But that is probably mostly cygwin related, and has nothing to do with either octave or instrument-control specifically. Good to be able to control instruments from windows machines too. Thank you!

2013/5/29 Stefan Mahr [via Octave] <[hidden email]>
Ronald wrote:

>>> When I try to connect to an vxi11 instrument in cygwin I get the
>>> following response:
>>>
>>> instr = vxi11('192.168.0.100');
>>> error: usbtmc: Your system doesn't support the USBTMC interface
>>>
>>> Did anyone else encounter this? In linux this works great by the
>>> way!
>>
>> Do you have 'libtirpc-devel' and 'libtirpc1' installed? If not,
>> please install and reinstall instrument-control.
> I installed 'libtirpc-devel' and 'libtirpc1' (versions 0.2.1-1) and
> reinstalled instrument-control. Same results unfortunately.

Sorry, my fault. Please install 'rpcgen' as well.