Installation error on Ubuntu 12.10 (x64) for Octave 3.6.2

From: cryingfist
Subject: Installation error on Ubuntu 12.10 (x64) for Octave 3.6.2
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 06:30:30 -0700 (PDT)

Kind Octave Mailing List,

I'm having a very frustrating problem when installing octave: if I run "sudo
apt-get install octave" I receive the following error.
"dpkg: error processing octave (--configure): subprocess installed
post-installation script returned error exit status 139.
Errors were encountered when processing: octave
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)"

If I, instead, use Ubuntu software center, the error returns also:
"Segmentation fault (core dumped)"

I really don't understand what can cause a segmentation fault and I really
don't know where to bang my head

Thanks for any help!