Re: Octave engine: any update?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Octave engine: any update?
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 09:20:28 -0400

On 15 May 2013 08:13, MrOba <address@hidden> wrote:
> c.-2 wrote
>> Is there any particular reason you want Octave to run as a separate
>> process?
>
> The reason is that I already have C code working properly with Matlab and
> the C/C++ API provided..

Matlab doesn't have a C++ API. Which "C/C++" API are you talking
about? C and C++ are two different languages.

Octave's API is in C++. You use feval to evaluate expression, and you
get them back in octave_values.

Matlab's API is in C. You use mxFoo functions to manipulate them, and
there's a separate "engine" to evaluate expressions, which you get in
mex classes.

> What I need is different.. I would like to start an instance of
> Octave (engOpen?), pass some data, do some calculation
> (engEvalString?), store the results and close Octave..

Look at the following example for doing a standalone Octave program:

https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Standalone-Programs.html#Standalone-Programs

- Jordi G. H.