Re: Installation error on Ubuntu 12.10 (x64) for Octave 3.6.2

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Installation error on Ubuntu 12.10 (x64) for Octave 3.6.2
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 22:44:22 -0400

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 5:20 AM, cryingfist wrote:
> I've tried the installation of "hello" both via apt-get and software center:
> no error whatsoever, nor while installing, nor while removing.

The segmentation fault seems limited to Octave. Assuming you still
have the octave package removed, can you try the following:

  sudo ppa-purge ppa:octave/stable
  sudo apt-get update
  sudo apt-get install octave

Do you still get the same post-installation error? If so, try running
octave even though the post-install failed:

  octave

What is the full output displayed? Do you get a segmentation fault
error here or do you get the Octave interpreter prompt?

What is the output of the following:

  update-alternatives --display libblas.so.3

--
mike