Re: findDelay.m

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: findDelay.m
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 10:10:44 -0400

From the link you provided, it uses cross correlation to find a measure for the offset of the best fit it can find. i believe the xcorr function returns something you can relate to the spatial or temporal offset...

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 9:53 AM, MV <address@hidden> wrote:

I have two periodical signals, not sinoildal. I don't know how the function works. I'll try to find a matlab m file...

Marcos Varella de Almeida
address@hidden
(92) 8821-6511

Em 14/05/2013 09:25, "Juan Pablo Carbajal" <address@hidden> escreveu:

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 2:24 PM, MV <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi there
>
> Thanks for the answer.
>
> http://www.mathworks.com/help/comm/ref/finddelay.html
>
> Marcos Varella de Almeida
> address@hidden
> (92) 8821-6511
>
> Em 14/05/2013 08:20, "Juan Pablo Carbajal" <address@hidden> escreveu:
>
>> On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 1:56 PM, MV <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > Hi there,
>> >
>> > Does Octave have an similar function as matlab "findDelay"?
>> >
>> > How can I use it on Octave?
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>> >
>> > Marcos Varella de Almeida
>> > address@hidden
>> > (92) 8821-6511

>> That is from hte communication system toolbox. Please check in
>> Octave-Forge
>> http://octave.sourceforge.net/packages.php
>>
>> If you do not find it, can you tell what is the algorithm their are
>> using? If you can then (maybe a publication?) then it can be
>> implemented.
>>
>> Cheers

So do you understand how they calculate the delay?
Check the first row of the table of methods.
"Cross-correlating the columns of X and Y over a range of lags -MAXLAG:MAXLAG."

How would you get the delays from that?