Re: findDelay.m

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: findDelay.m
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 13:19:18 +0200

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 4:34 AM, Robert T. Short
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 05/14/2013 11:30 AM, MV wrote:
>
> I have a vector os current and tension. Both are no sinoidal. I'd like to
> know the delay between then.
>
> Marcos Varella
>
> Em 14/05/2013 10:31, "Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso" <address@hidden>
> escreveu:
>>
>> On 14 May 2013 10:20, MV <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > I'll try this way....
>>
>> Which way? What are you referring to? You're quoting a giant blob of
>> text underneath your own text. Which part of that blob are you
>> referring to?
>>
>> - Jordi G. H.

> Attached is a function that maybe does the same thing.  If there is any
> interest I will change the license and such so that that it could be
> included in some octave library.
>
> Bob

It is a good start! good job

My suggestions follow

1. Use the patch tracker so every developer can look at it if the wish to do so.
https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?group=octave
I suggest that you add a comment to add the function to the signal package.

2. Add a help string, here a template
## -*- texinfo -*-
## @deftypefn {Function File} address@hidden,@var{c}] =} delayCorrelate
(@var{x}, @var{y})
##
## @seealso{}
## @end deftypefn

3. Use xcorr instead of calculating the correlation by hand. In this
way you will benefit from the agurment checking and the abilities that
xcorr has to manipulate matrices.

If you add it to the patch tracker I will look at it eventually (got
to work on ndmult.m first)

Cheers

JPi