Re: plotting in windows

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: plotting in windows
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 21:47:40 -0500

On Jan 10, 2013, at 5:33 PM, Andreas Weber wrote:

> Am 10.01.2013 19:11, schrieb Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso:
>>
>>> please file a bug report on http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave
>>> Please mention also the Windows Version used and 32/64bit.
>>
>> This isn't a Windows problem. The problem is that printing with fltk
>> is done with gl2ps, and this doesn't work very well for moderately
>> complicated plots.
>
> Ah, interesting.
> So you can reproduce this problem? Does it work with antialiasing disabled?
>
> graphics_toolkit fltk
> plot(rand(1e4))
> print("test.png","-GraphicsAlphaBits=1")
>
> Regards, Andy

The anti-aliasing option is passed as an option to ghostscript.

Indeed when I add that option (I'm running MacOS X) the png file is created.
When I don't use the option the png file is corrupted.

That implies that eps files should be property created, and when I checked they
were.

Is this a bug in ghostscript?

Ben