Re: Trouble printing plot with Win7 64bit

From: nitnit
Subject: Re: Trouble printing plot with Win7 64bit
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 22:26:40 -0800 (PST)

sirus_m_omega wrote
> Found the error, on my part.  I had incorrectly assumed that since
> GhostScript was in the file tree structure of the Octave download (the
> 7zip file) that Octave would already be able to access/run GhostScript as
> long as I maintained that file structure.  Seems that is not the case --
> the problem I was having was fixed by including the path to GhostScript in
> the windows environment "Path" variable.

I think that your assumption was correct. If you have kept the structure in
the 7z file, and have extracted to a directory with no space chars, then
octaverc startup script (in <your octave dir>\share\octave\site\m\startup\)
should add the \gs\gs9.05\bin to the windows shell path after launching
octave.

This works on my system (win7 x64) and I don't have to add the GhostScript
to the window path before launching octave.

Can you please try to remove GhostScript from your shell path (just for
testing), launch octave, type the following commands (both should return the
PATH environment var):

getenv('PATH')
EXEC_PATH

and check if the \gs\gs9.05\bin subdir in your octave tree is part of the
PATH environment var ?

Nitzan