sudo fink install octave-atlas still running after 24 hours

From: Richard Shinn
Subject: sudo fink install octave-atlas still running after 24 hours
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2013 07:21:57 -0800

Hello,

I'm trying to install octave on Mountain Lion on an Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook
Pro . I  followed the instructions on this page. web page:

www.finkproject.org/download/srcdist.php

After doing the following and entering the last command to install, my machine
was still, apparently installing (at 100% CPU capacity) 24 hours later. I
finally killed the install. Can you help me figure out what when wrong? I can't
believe the install could possibly take that long, even on my old Core Duo.

$ xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
$ sudo xcodebuild -license
$ cd $HOME/Downloads
# Downloaded the tar ball
$ tar -xvf fink-0.34-4.tar.gz
$ cd fink-0.34.4
$ ./bootstrap
$ /sw/bin/pathsetup.sh
$ fink selfupdate-rsync
$ fink index -f
# This command was still running 24 hours later at full CPU capacity
$ sudo fink install octave-atlas

Thanks very much.

Rich Shinn