Re: post-moderating this list

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: post-moderating this list
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 14:09:29 -0800 (PST)

----- Original Message -----

I didn't google for it, I duckduckgo'ed for it :).

Regarding "counterproductive nature" - according to the book I've mentioned
("The Guru Papers: Masks of Authoritarian Power",
http://www.amazon.com/The-Guru-Papers-Masks-Authoritarian/dp/1883319005 ) gurus
use these techniques quite successfully - exactly because there is a
substantial amount of people ready to surrender (part of) their freedom to them.

OTOH, you as well as I very well know a Russian idiom: "За одного битого двух
небитых дают" -> one already beaten up is worth two not yet beaten up.

I think the idiom is quite related to what you are talking about :).

Regards,
  Sergei.