Re: Octave stand-alone and Octave 3.6.2 compiled for Visual Studio 2010

From: hkhauke
Subject: Re: Octave stand-alone and Octave 3.6.2 compiled for Visual Studio 2010
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 05:46:15 -0800 (PST)

Hi Michael,
I am not used to the restriction that MD compiled Dlls do not work together
with MDd compiled applications.
It is probably due to the use of STL data types: Normally, I use C-APIs
across Dll boundaries and only pointers not references, then, the mix of MD
and MDd or MT or MTd does not have any impact.
But I really can deal with it, now I am aware of this :-)

But I have one more question: There is a file called octaverc which in the
Octave installation directory. It seems that this must be called at startup
to set all Octave paths. Otherwise, I get these "function 'unimplemented'
not found"- error messages when,e.g. calling a command like "plot(...);",
and also the plot environment looks a little odd.

What kind of file is that and how can I call it using eval_string C/C++ API
such that "my own version of the Octave application" has the same look and
feel as the original installation?

Thank you and best regards

Hauke