more than 2 y axes in one plot

From: Wolfgang Schechinger
Subject: more than 2 y axes in one plot
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 17:19:54 +0100

Dear Experts,

I want to plot 4 curves with a common x-axis into one plot (a chromatogram with
several curves: 2x UV, pH, conductivity. With largely different y scales, so
I'd like to have several y axes).

I came across addaxis
(http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/9016), but with the
example code in addaxis.m, I get errors:

GNU Octave, version 3.6.2
Octave was configured for "i686-pc-mingw32".

[snip]

octave-3.6.2.exe:3> x = 0:.1:4*pi;
octave-3.6.2.exe:4> plot(x,sin(x));
octave-3.6.2.exe:6>  addaxis(x,sin(x));
error: addaxis: A(I): index out of bounds; value 3 out of bound 2
error: called from:
error:   C:\Program Files (x86)\Octave-3.6.2\share\octave\3.6.2\m\wo\addaxis\add
axis.m at line 46, column 3

It seems that some matlab plotting functions originally needed to be modified
(the readme asks to replace some matlab files by code included in the package),
but that seems to be not easy or impossible, without knowing about Octave's
internals.

Has anyone by chance solved this problem or knows about another solution for my
initial plotting problem?

Thanks for your help and best regards!

Wo