Filtering Signals according to an Amplitude Range

From: pkohvaei
Subject: Filtering Signals according to an Amplitude Range
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 06:01:24 -0800 (PST)

Hello everybody,

I have got some motion signals and I want to eliminate trivial moves which
behave like noise for my whole digrams, I first tried a lowpass filter but
it does not seem to work desirably since I'd rather need a means for
eliminating data points smaller than a certein amplitude. I had a look into
the other functions in the 'signal' package and fft looked promising. But
again, do you have any experience in this , so with what functions would you
go ahead?

Cheers,