Re: Cygwin compilation

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Cygwin compilation
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 08:51:22 -0500

On 7 December 2012 04:05, Danilo Zanatta <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 8:20 AM, marco atzeri <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> On 12/7/2012 8:15 AM, Danilo Zanatta wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>

>>> I'm trying to compile octave on cygwin and I'm getting the follwoing
>>> error, which I can found a way around.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>

>> which octave source and which compiler ? only with gcc4 it will work
>>

> I'm using gcc 4.5.3 and the latest source version from the mercurial repo.

Latest?

http://wiki.octave.org/FAQ#I.27m_having_problem_XXX_using_the_latest_Octave_version

If you're working off the development version, I think you should
expect to behave like a developer and at least follow the maintainers'
list. We break things all the time in the development version. If you
are not willing to handle the frustatration of this breakage, work off
the released tarballs instead.

- Jordi G. H.