Re: Cygwin compilation

From: Danilo Zanatta
Subject: Re: Cygwin compilation
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 10:05:46 +0100

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 8:20 AM, marco atzeri <address@hidden> wrote:
On 12/7/2012 8:15 AM, Danilo Zanatta wrote:
Hi All,

I'm trying to compile octave on cygwin and I'm getting the follwoing
error, which I can found a way around.

Any ideas?

which octave source and which compiler ? only with gcc4 it will work

I'm using gcc 4.5.3 and the latest source version from the mercurial repo.

Anyway, after searching on the internet a little bit more, I've figure out that the problem is known and not only related to cygwin. What happens is that bison is required but the configure script just provices a warning about it. after installing bison on cygwin, I could go further....

I'll let you all known if I succeed at the end... still compiling...