Re: more than 2 y axes in one plot

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: more than 2 y axes in one plot
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 11:32:47 -0500

On 7 December 2012 11:19, Wolfgang Schechinger <address@hidden> wrote:

> I came across addaxis
> (http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/9016), but with
> the example code in addaxis.m, I get errors:

Note that this violates File Exchange's terms of use:

http://wiki.octave.org/FAQ#Why_can.27t_I_use_code_from_File_Exchange_in_Octave.3F_It.27s_released_under_a_BSD_license.21

> It seems that some matlab plotting functions originally needed to be
> modified (the readme asks to replace some matlab files by code
> included in the package),

This is a copyright violation, since ordinarily you do not have
permission to modify works under copyright law. This is therefore
probably a violation of Matlab's license, since it is distributing
modified Matlab files. The Mathworks seems to be choosing to
selectively not enforce their copyright, since they turn a blind eye
to infringers all the time, but you should know that they have the
legal weaponry loaded and ready to use.

I will let others comment on your original problem.

- Jordi G. H.