Re: equivalent for C-style init: structname varname[] = {...} ?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: equivalent for C-style init: structname varname[] = {...} ?
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 17:14:12 -0500

On 20 November 2012 16:48, Francesco Potortì <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Having Octave barf on something on which Matlab barfs is a definite
>>> plus.
>>
>>What, you mean like barf on "endif" and "endfor" and double quotes?
>
> I think that --traditional does it, doesn't it?

No, that command-line argument only affects superficial cosmetic
changes. There is "warning on Octave:matlab-incompatible", but note
bug #36743:

    https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?36743

Also, we decided to allow arbitrary strings as struct field names, but
warn about them:

    http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/f2b8f90052fd
    http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/808e4f13e220

- Jordi G. H.