Re: equivalent for C-style init: structname varname[] = {...} ?

From: Francesco Potortì
Subject: Re: equivalent for C-style init: structname varname[] = {...} ?
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 13:23:21 +0100

>On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden
>> wrote:
>
>> I heartily encourage you to abandon this piece of shit (expletive
>> restored) language. No sarcasm. I don't think Matlab is a very good
>> language. I work on Octave only so that all that free Matlab code out
>> there can also have a free interpreter, not because I want to promote
>> Matlab usage.
>
>Well, that seems quite incongruent. I thought it was great that you pushed
>through with the broadcasting and defended it. If you really think that all
>octave is good for is merely running code intended for Matlab, you maybe
>should reevaluate whether you are harming people (like me) that greatly
>prefer to use octave over Matlab or IDL because of octave's merits.

Having Octave barf on something on which Matlab barfs is a definite
plus.  As Jordi has already said, if someone wants an extension of the
Matlab language implemented in Octave, they are free to propose patches.

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.315.3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107