Re: Running Octave from Fink?

From: Ev Yemini
Subject: Re: Running Octave from Fink?
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 15:19:12 +0000

Typing "octave" in the terminal is the very first thing I tried ;) It
doesn't work.

I also tried "octave-atlas", "octave-3.6.3", "octave-core", and
various combinations replacing "octave" with "oct".

Coming from a Unix background (longer ago than I care to remember) I
went looking for the obscure command that rebuilds my database for
"locate". Perhaps it would bring the location for the binary? No such
luck as grepping "locate octave" for "usr" or "bin" produce paths to
what are clearly not binaries.

What am I missing?

I've run everything up to and including "fink install control-atlas-oct362".

Many thanks,
Ev