Re: Calculations on data on triangular mesh.

From: c.
Subject: Re: Calculations on data on triangular mesh.
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 22:06:27 +0200

Hi Richard,

On 25 Oct 2012, at 19:57, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:

>> What I would like to know is, is there a library of functions for
>> efficiently working with this kind of data? The kind of operations I am
>> interested in are interpolation at arbitrary points,

It is very simple to perform this with funcrions in Octave and in the BIM and
MSH package.
I do have some functions around to do this, if you are interested I can add
them to the package.

>> integration over
>> regions of the triangulation, getting triangle areas, centroids etc etc.
These are all already in the package msh.

>> would like to avoid writing all this code from scratch.

If you're willing to try out bim and msh  I might help in adding missing
functions or improve the existing ones.

c.