Calculations on data on triangular mesh.

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: Calculations on data on triangular mesh.
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 07:25:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I want to do some post-processing of data generated using a 2D finite
element code. The code produces the nodal quantities of the solution on a
delauney triangulation. The data I have in the solution are the vertex
locations, a map of these vertices for the triangles and values of the
solution at the vertices.

What I would like to know is, is there a library of functions for
efficiently working with this kind of data? The kind of operations I am
interested in are interpolation at arbitrary points, integration over
regions of the triangulation, getting triangle areas, centroids etc etc. I
would like to avoid writing all this code from scratch.

I have looked around for this on Octave Forge and so on, but haven't come
across anything appropriate yet.

The code in question by the way is freely available and hosted here:

https://sourced.ecdf.ed.ac.uk/projects/see/xfemm

It is a mex interface I have created to the core C++ magnetics solver from
this program:

http://www.femm.info/wiki/HomePage