Re: Starting external programmes from Octave

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Starting external programmes from Octave
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 06:55:22 -0400

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 6:41 AM, Ossi Heinonen <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all

I need to open an external program from Octave. The program that I'm trying to open is a FEA software Ansys Workbech. I've done this in Matlab using the dos command like this and it works just fine:
dos('C:/Program Files/ANSYS Inc/v140/Framework/bin/Win32/runwb2.exe')
When I do the same in Octave I do get Ansys started but I also get an error right away and the program doesn't function properly and I can't run any analyses in it. I also noticed that I couldn't start Mathcad properly either whereas e.g. Matlab and Firefox started ok.
Any ideas how this could be fixed? I'm running Octave 3.6.1_gcc4.6.2 on Win xp 32bit.

Best regards
Ossi