Re: figures after print command never look good

From: marasolc
Subject: Re: figures after print command never look good
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 10:25:54 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you for the hints and advices.

My problem seems to be solved at the moment by the code which I posted
earlier and as you say,the 3.6.x version seems to work better in this
respect than 3.2.4. My graphics toolkit is gnuplot.

Basically the problem is that with my previous figure settings, which I
considered factory default, the code

plot(rand(50,1))
xlabel('time')
ylabel('Intensity')
legend('whatever')
print('fig.eps','-deps')

produced quite reasonable figure in pop up window, but the fonts at .eps
were ridiculously small. It was then necessary to set different fontsizes
for pop up window and for print command (btw, the fontsize option of
print('fig.eps','-deps','-F:32') had no effect at all), which also resulted
in some errors in label positioning. This seems to be solved by adjusting
the papersize and related figure properties. For the moment it works well,
if I encounter any problems, I will post it.

Thanks again,
Marek Scholz