Re: Binary to ASCII conversion

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Binary to ASCII conversion
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 10:43:52 -0400

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 10:28 AM, asha g <address@hidden> wrote:

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 6:37 AM, asha g <address@hidden> wrote:

You can "load" it back into memory and then save it using the  -ascii comand

save -mat -ascii cabunpanumcent2oct4N20test X y y1 y2
--
DAS

Suppose I want to have the data saved in both binary and ascii format - if I do the above- would it not overwrite the binary ? How do I go around that ?
Thanks
AG

just change the name of the file
save -mat -ascii cabunpanumcent2oct4N20testascii X y y1 y2
--
DAS

Is there some way I can get the variables X y y1 y2 to save as column vectors so that I can then use it to plot in xmgrace ?
Thanks
AG

I don't know xmgrace.

--