Re: Publishing code dual-licensed

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Publishing code dual-licensed
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 08:57:53 -0400

On 27 September 2012 08:41, Martin Vogel <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Jordi,
>

>> What does MEX have to do with your license choice?
>
> I meant the Matlab file exchange, sorry for the confusion.

Ah, right.

The issue is just that if the only way for us to get your code is
through the Mathworks site, then we cannot use it in Octave without
violating the Mathworks' terms of service. If it's there and on your
own site or any other site, we can just get it from that other
location no problem.

You can use the BSD-style license for both if it's simpler for you. We
prefer the GPL in Octave, but a BSD-style license is fine too. The
only problem is if your code is only available from the Mathworks'
site.

- Jordi G. H.