Re: Instrumenting Octave

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Instrumenting Octave
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 08:44:28 -0400

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 7:07 PM, hicham <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

Could anyone let me know if there is a way to instrument code in Octave? if
so, any pointers would be greatly appreciated.  My first object is to find
out the cost (time taken, cpu cycles, etc...) associated with running
certain functions that I plan to run as part of my code.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

-Hicham.

I mainly just use the tic and toc commands for function/loop timing. There is also the profiler  (profile on; profile off;) but I haven't used them much.

I believe the profiler is covered under Chapter 13: Debugging, in the octave manual, and the timing commands are under Chapter 36: System Utilities.