Re: installing using MacPorts

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: installing using MacPorts
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 12:19:40 -0400

On Sep 6, 2012, at 12:12 PM, JonathanF wrote:

> I get the following error when I try to run that last command:
>
> Error: port activate failed: Registry error: automake @1.11.5_0 is not
> installed.
>
> I'm still concerned about that following that are not being installed:
>
> Error: The following dependencies were not installed: ghostscript gnuplot
> aquaterm gd2 xpm lua pango Xft2 xrender xorg-renderproto cairo libpixman
> xorg-xcb-util gobject-introspection pdflib gperf grep pcre gsed hdf5-18 less
> metis cmake qhull qrupdate texinfo
>
> Don't I need gnuplot and aquaterm in order to get octave working?
>
> Thanks.....

Yes, but your installed failed when building ghostscript.  When you're able to
build ghostscript, then the remaining ports should build as well.

There are instructions for installing an older port at the link below.  I
suggest you follow the instructions and install automake @1.11.5_0.

        https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/InstallingOlderPort

When you've done that, then try installing octave-devel.

Ben