Re: struct weirdness

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: struct weirdness
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 12:14:37 -0400

On 24 August 2012 11:02, Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden> wrote:
> Matlab/Octave behavior in case of 'struct' contradicts behavior of
> Perl/Python/C++/etc.
>
> I.e. Matlab/Octave _discard_ the type I wanted it use by specifying '[...]',
> and even a warning isn't issued.

You've had this conceptual problem before. I have it too sometimes.
The fundamental issue is that there is an intermediate, internal type
called "cs-list" that isn't exposed in the interpreter except in
obscure ways. You can't assign a cs-list to a variable, but you can
obtain one in several ways from struct and cell arrays.

- Jordi G. H.