Re: Problem setting PATH environment

From: Jonathan Williams
Subject: Re: Problem setting PATH environment
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 07:47:30 +0100

Thanks Jordi for your reply.

After I run the ADDPATH command, I can run PATH and see that the additional path has indeed been added. The problem seems to be that the added path is not saved by SAVEPATH, because I find that after I exit and relaunch, the PATH has reverted to default.

You ask what the .octaverc looks like, but I am not able to say with certainly because there seem to be several copies of .octaverc in different directories. I had assumed (down to my ignorance) that there should only be the one in the startup directory, but this has no path information. Should there be different copies, and if so where do I find the copy of .octaverc which should contain path information?

Best regards
Jonathan