sizemax() and 64-bit systems

From: Mike Miller
Subject: sizemax() and 64-bit systems
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 00:59:55 -0500 (CDT)

I have octave on a few 64-bit Linux machines (versions 3.0.5, 3.2.3, 3.2.4; I won't bother listing additional details unless they turn out to be important). The basic issue is that it seems that none of those machines has sizemax() installed, but docs on the web say that sizemax() is a built-in function -- does that mean that sizemax() wasn't available in those versions? This is what I see:

octave:1> sizemax()
error: `sizemax' undefined near line 1 column 1
octave:2> help sizemax
error: help: `sizemax' not found

Is there another way to get the sizemax() functionality? I'm trying to find out for these machines what is the largest number of elements per matrix. Is there a way to figure it out from octave_config_info?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Mike

--
Michael B. Miller, Ph.D.
Minnesota Center for Twin and Family Research