Re: Problem with print()

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Problem with print()
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 18:20:24 -0400

On Jul 21, 2012, at 6:09 PM, Nikolai <address@hidden> wrote:

On 21.07.2012 20:52, Ben Abbott wrote:
Please reply at the bottom to allow those arriving late to follow along

On Jul 21, 2012, at 12:29 PM, Nikolai <address@hidden> wrote:

On 21.07.2012 18:07, Doug Stewart wrote:

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 11:33 AM, Nikolai Huckle <address@hidden> wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm having a recurring problem with the print-function. Everytime I try to save some of my plots to a pdf-file, it starts saving faulty images after maybe two good tries.
The graphs in the files look as if drawn by a child, with a lot of data missing, barely recognizable as the real graph.
And it doesn't matter if I try saving different plots or in a different format (i.e. .png).

Does anyone know this problem and can maybe help me?

Thanks in advance for any information or help.

Nikolai Huckle

What version of Octave  and what OS are you using?

--
DAS

https://linuxcounter.net/user/206392.html
I'm using Windows 7 and Version 3.6,1 mingw of Octave.

Do you get similar results for both the gnuplot and fltk graghics toolkits?

Can you give us a simple script do that we can reproduce the problem?  And attach the resulting PDF?

Ben
The results are the same for both graphics toolkits.
I have attached a little script that just plots a 2D straight line, the resulting PDF which just has few missing data, and a PDF without the .m-file but it shows how bad it can look.

I must add, that I might have solved the problem by myself, accidentally. Through adding it to the script, it somehow creates non-faulty PDF's. Before I always executed the script and then printed the graphs in the command line.
But I'm not sure how long this will work, so it's maybe just another hint for you, what might be wrong.

Nikolai

Please try eps output.  If that works correctly, the problem will be with your Ghostscript.

Ben