Re: Problem installing symbolic tool

From: Alexander Hansen
Subject: Re: Problem installing symbolic tool
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 16:17:09 -0700

> Ah, I missed seeing the version there.  Apparently I missed updating it
> to 1.1.0.
>
> That being said, I haven't been able to reproduce the original
> "/sw/bin/mkoctfile: line 27: i386: command not found" problem.

I stand corrected:  symbolic-1.0.9 didn't work on Octave 3.2.4, but
1.1.0 at least does something, as Sergei pointed out.

I've just added symbolic-1.1.0 to Fink, and it should be available
shortly.

Installing Octave Forge packages through Fink tends to be easier than
installing them via "pkg install", since this ensures that the
dependencies are installed, and all of the compiler flags, patching,
etc. that they need get applied.
--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison