Re: problem with local packages taking precedence over global and (an ap

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: problem with local packages taking precedence over global and (an apparent) solution
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 12:02:04 +0100

On 21 May 2012 11:43, Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden> wrote:

> [...]

There's other problems with it, like being unable to handle different
versions of a package at the same time, or having more than one
version of octave installed at the same time. We are aware of it,
hence we are trying to fix.

The problem is that we are moving away from that big chunk of code
you're trying to debug and fix so your patches aren't of much use
since they don't apply against the current code nor map against it
easily. We are not acting in bad faith.

Carnë