debug mode readline support?

From: Dan Muresan
Subject: debug mode readline support?
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 18:06:09 +0300

Hi,

I've noticed that when I get thrown into debug mode (e.g. by pressing
Control-C while a pause is active) there is no readline support (e.g.
up-arrow and control-R for command history access  and TAB completion
don't work anymore). Also, if I press control-C a couple of times
more, octave aborts with

panic: Interrupt -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
save to `octave-core' complete

which seems rather silly. Is this default behavior or an anomaly on my side?

Stable branch built from source, 64-bit CPU,

debug_on_interrupt (true);

set in octaverc.

-- Dan