Re: problem with local packages taking precedence over global and (an ap

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: problem with local packages taking precedence over global and (an apparent) solution
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 03:43:39 -0700 (PDT)

----- Original Message -----

I do _not_ build development versions - my tool uses the standard

./configure
make
make check
make install

sequence.

I am _not_ interested in trying any new code before I see the spec. I.e. one
has first to define package system requirements and, specifically, describe
various scenarios of local <-> global packages relationships.

Think, for example, about package installation prefix - I think this is
conceptually broken. Maybe I'll write a separate Email on this.

Regards,
  Sergei.