compiling Intel TBB

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: compiling Intel TBB
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 16:28:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

as I understand it, SuiteSparse benefits from using TBB (Thread Building
Blocks), so I've decided to compile TBB.

It was easy, but I've noticed that '-march=pentium4' is chosen. It is funny
since I have an AMD processor.

The setting comes from 'tbb40_20120408oss/build/linux.gcc.inc' file, so I
hacked it:

ifeq (ia32,$(arch))
    #CPLUS_FLAGS += -m32 -march=pentium4
    CPLUS_FLAGS += -march=native -mtune=native
    LIB_LINK_FLAGS += -m32
endif

- see the commented out line and the line I've added just below it.

With this modification TBB also compiles fine.

So, my question is: does anybody know what exactly needs to be done in order to
best compile TBB for a given machine ?

Thanks,
  Sergei.