Re: Saving And Loading Plots in Octave

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Saving And Loading Plots in Octave
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 09:36:14 -0500

On 1 March 2012 09:27, Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:
> Or the suggestion is to develop save/read fig format?

I think it would be fairly simple to implement this. The Matlab .fig
format is simply a .mat file that contains the graphics objects
necessary to create that graph, and they're just a struct. I'm not
sure if this can be done purely in m-scripts, but I think it should
just be a simple matter of reading and writing a struct to a .mat file
which Octave can already do, and then creating a plot from that
struct, which I don't know if it can be done already or not.

- Jordi G. H.