Re: Saving And Loading Plots in Octave

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Saving And Loading Plots in Octave
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 15:27:37 +0100

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mar 1, 2012, at 4:27 AM, silviutp wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to save an Octave figure (a plot) so I can load it and modify
>> it later ?
>> I know how to save with /print -dXXXX filename /but how can I load it ?
>>
>> Thank you!
>
> Matlab has a saveas() function that supports the format "fig". This saves a
> fig-file which contains all the properties needed to reconstruct the figure.
>
> There is a related hgsave() function as well.
>
> The objects saved may be restored using Matlab's open() function.
>
> These features are currently missing from Octave. My impression is that an
> m-file can be written to do these jobs.
>
> If you or someone else is interested in writing one and contributing to
> Octave, we can always use another volunteer!
>
> Ben

Saving plots to SVG format would also be cool, since data could be
retrieved (same for most vector formats). For svg, there is the Free
file inkex.py that would make reading and saving very easy. The
package geometry has an object main/geometry/io/@svg that does very
simple path retrieval.

Or the suggestion is to develop save/read fig format?

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal
-----