Re: Octave 3.6.0 on Windows XP plot fails.

From: nitnit
Subject: Re: Octave 3.6.0 on Windows XP plot fails.
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 23:05:32 -0800 (PST)

Michael Goffioul wrote

> Try to run the full octave test suite. Hopefully that should cover
> enough cases. I tried OpenBLAS recently, compiled under MinGW
> (gcc-4.6.1) [1], and although a simple test like the one above didn't
> crash, more extensive testing still produced a crash.
>
> Michael.
>
> [1]: I compiled OpenBLAS fully with gcc then dropped the DLL to
> replace my existing one, then tested it with my octave compiled with
> MSVC. To make sure ABI are compatible, I compiled OpenBLAS with
> -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 and -ff2c (for gfortran).

I have cross-compiled recent Openblas with dynamic-arch and it worked for me
(didn't crash with the given code example on two systems:
a. Core Duo, XP SP3
b. Core-i5 540, Win7-X64

I have also run the full 'make check' with system (b) above with 3.6.1-rc0
(built with mingw) and it has produced the same results as Tatsuros original
ATLAS-3.9.19 based libblas. (FAIL 5/10145: data.cc 2, mappers.cc 1, speed.m
1, test_system 1).

Nitzan