Re: Octave 3.6.0 on Windows XP plot fails.

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Octave 3.6.0 on Windows XP plot fails.
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 11:46:15 +0000

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Philip Nienhuis <address@hidden> wrote:
> This multi-architecture OpenBLAS works OK with MinGW-Octave-3.6.0 on both my
> PCs:
> - Core Duo 2.5 Ghz
> - Pentium-M 1.1 Ghz
> (both WinXP SP3)
>
> That is.... I haven't run any benchmarks, I just verified that the test:
> runs without a crash.

Try to run the full octave test suite. Hopefully that should cover
enough cases. I tried OpenBLAS recently, compiled under MinGW
(gcc-4.6.1) [1], and although a simple test like the one above didn't
crash, more extensive testing still produced a crash.

Michael.

[1]: I compiled OpenBLAS fully with gcc then dropped the DLL to
replace my existing one, then tested it with my octave compiled with
MSVC. To make sure ABI are compatible, I compiled OpenBLAS with
-mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 and -ff2c (for gfortran).