gnuplot settings in Octave

From: Ron Crummett
Subject: gnuplot settings in Octave
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 22:57:08 -0700

Hello all -

Once upon a time I was able to edit my .Xdefaults file to configure settings for Gnuplot. I could change the default plot window size, the background/axes/plot colors, maybe more. And whatever I had in there worked for Gnuplot in general, whether called from Octave or not.

That was a few years ago; now it seems that my defaults are overridden by Octave. Does that mean I can set my preferences somewhere in Octave?

And what about LaTeX commands in the title? I thought this had been resolved but when I tried to do

title('\pi');

all I got was a 'p' at the top. Is there somewhere to set a default font?

Thanks.

-Ron