Re: terminal type dumb (MacPorts)

From: Vic Norton
Subject: Re: terminal type dumb (MacPorts)
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 20:21:10 -0400

I'm running Octave-3.4.3 on a Mac, ported via the MacPorts "octave-devel".
There is no doc command in my version of Octave. For example the command
  octave> doc svd
just produces the message
  info: /opt/local/share/info/octave.info: No such file or directory
On the other hand
  octave> help svd
gives lots of information:
 `svd' is a function from the file
  /opt/local/lib/octave/3.4.3/oct/x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0/svd.oct

  -- Loadable Function: S = svd (A)
  -- Loadable Function: [U, S, V] = svd (A)
  -- Loadable Function: [U, S, V] = svd (A, ECON)
I just figured Octave had done away with the "doc" command. Perhaps I am wrong.

Regards,

Vic