Re: terminal type dumb (MacPorts)

From: Jack Tanner
Subject: Re: terminal type dumb (MacPorts)
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 01:14:31 +0000 (UTC)

Vic Norton <vic <at> norton.name> writes:

> I'm running Octave-3.4.3 on a Mac, ported via the MacPorts "octave-devel".
There is no doc command in my
> version of Octave. For example the command
>   octave> doc svd
> just produces the message
>   info: /opt/local/share/info/octave.info: No such file or directory

If there were no 'doc' command, then you would've presumably seen an error like
"error: 'doc' undefined". Instead, doc is actually trying to invoke the info
documentation browser for you, but failing (either because the octave.info file
is not in the right place, or because the doc command is looking in the wrong
place).

For what it's worth, with Nitzan's Octave-3.4.3-mingw build, I get

> doc svd

Cannot find node `(D:\Octave3.4.3_gcc4.5.2\share\info\octave.info)Matrix

I suspect there's more to the node name, but the error message is cut off at 80
chars or so.