Re: terminal type dumb (MacPorts)

From: Vic Norton
Subject: Re: terminal type dumb (MacPorts)
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 10:48:39 -0400

On Oct 29, 2011, at 9:45 PM, Liam Groener wrote:

> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Oct 29, 2011, at 5:21 PM, Vic Norton <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I'm running Octave-3.4.3 on a Mac, ported via the MacPorts "octave-devel".
>> There is no doc command in my version of Octave. For example the command
>> octave> doc svd
>> just produces the message
>> info: /opt/local/share/info/octave.info: No such file or directory
>
> You could install with the +docs variant.

That doesn't seem to work for me, Liam. MacPorts can't find tex:

:info:build     /opt/local/bin/texi2dvi octave.texi
:info:build You don't have a working TeX binary (tex) installed anywhere
:info:build in your PATH, and texi2dvi cannot proceed without one.  If
:info:build you want to usethis script, you'll need to install TeX (if
:info:build you don't have it) or change your PATH or TEX environment
:info:build variable (if you do).  See the --help output for more
:info:build details.

I don't know what the problem is. I use TeX constantly. My PATH contains
"/usr/texbin", which is a symbolic link to
"/usr/local/texlive/2011/bin/x86_64-darwin",
which contains the working TeX binary, tex.
Why MacPorts can't find tex is beyond me.

Anyhow, thanks for the advice!

Regards,

Vic